Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bands and Sleeping

Well, it's Saturday. To some people that means a time to relax and hang out with other people and mostly just lay around the house. To others it means to go places all day like a theme park or a restaurant to enjoy family/friend time.

To me, it means that I have to spend all day looking at burgers, chicken and potatoes...

Saturday means going into work at Wendy's and earning my pay for six hours of the day. It's not really that bad, I stand at a sandwich station all day and look at a screen until an order pops up. When it does I have to try and finish the order as fast as I can so that my manager isn't standing in front of the tray I put it out at staring at me and wondering why I'm so slow.

Though I do wish I could go back to sleep.

I was sleeping soundly when I got home last night, it was the best sleep I had gotten in awhile. And mostly it was due to hanging out and having a great time with my friends last night, it wore me out.

So when we got done with what our plans had been we were trying to decide what to do that wouldn't cost money. The whole time they were talking, I kept imagining by bed at home and since I was only 5-10 minutes away I decided to head home. I said goodbye to my friends and left.

Imagine my surprise when I come home and there's about 5 extra cars in our driveway and no place for me to park...Dad still had his band practice going on.

Now I know I should of realized that Dad still had practice going on, he had told me that they had been practicing at our house on Friday nights. It was just funny and annoying to walk in the house tired and hearing drums, guitars and singing all throughout the house. And since they were practicing in our garage, it was the loudest underneath my room.

Safe to say I didn't go to sleep until midnight. But that wasn't entirely the band's fault, I got sucked into the computer...

Anyway, I had a blast last night and I know my friends did to. We gotta try doing something like this again when we all have more money and less schoolwork to go through. Hanging out and chilling is fun when you have other people around. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment